- Write ITT technical information to make sure that the Tender responses are coming in like for like.
- Review the incoming MEP design and specification to highlight;
- What stage the design is based on BG6 Pro Forma
- What risks are associated with the design and the contract terms with regards design development.
- Identify the key points to be brought forward in the Tender documents to highlight the added benefit that using our in-house design team can offer.
- Create the information to be presented in the technical bid.
- Assist the work winning team in responding to any queries or addendums during the tender stage
- Attend the post tender interviews to promote the work done on the bid and present the in-house design team.
- Attend the project handover meetings and review any post tender alterations to the contract with the Project Manager and Project Team
- Develop the Soft Landings targets for the project
- Be the soft landings champion for pre-construction
- Review ITT’s for better buying potential with the QS
- Review of Tender returns with the QS for technical compliance
- Create and distribute the Validations Schedule
- Fill out the MEP sections of the Main Information Delivery Plan and track progress
- Review the Validation results from the Sub Contractors and compile the Validation Report.
- Review the Design received against the results of the validations and highlight any design issues that need to be reviewed by the Professional team and inform the Operations team of the expected program issues.
- Carry out review of all base calculations to validate design this is broken down in more detail in the MEP design process documents.
- Review coordination of all services against the Architecture and Structure
- Assist in the creation of the RCP’s
- Review Sub Contractors Design submissions and decide whether to pass on to the professional team or reject.
- Attend the weekly design meetings
- Hand over contract to the TSM with a meeting to pass the documentation into their hands.
- Manage any design input to change and manage information exchange.
- Review the O&M information from the MEP Sub Contractors
- Input to the POE questionnaire to make sure that the agreed Targets in the Soft Landings documents are being verified through the POE process.
- Review the POE results and compile the MEP section of the Report