Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment sub-contractor specialising in the London market. They have developed themselves as a highly regarded sub-contractor since their start and have exciting plans to reach a £70m turnover.
As part of their continued growth plan, they are looking for 1 Technical Manager. You will be an integral part of their growth, supporting their Project Director.
Typical Fit Out Projects:
- Value £2-8M
- Program: 16-24 D&B Projects
- London based.
- Assessing and interpreting client brief for works cost planning
- Co-ordination of design, sales and sub-contractors to ensure design and costs are certified ready for input into bid documentation
- Estimating projects using Excel spreadsheet system.
- Putting together documentation for presentations to prospective clients
- Formatting and managing pre-contract programme relating to bid and agreeing works duration with contracts team
- Presenting pre-contract cost documents to prospective clients
- To ensure the highest standards of Health & Safety within the company, including adherence of all CDM requirements
- Accurate briefing to Construction Manager of pre-contract documentation: ie: relevant drawings, spreadsheet, specifications, Health and Safety documentation and other supporting information
- Ensure drawings are accurate and based on dimensional site surveys
- Ensure compliance to Building Regulations, Planning Regulations and Building Control Legislations
- Experience of cost planning with skill set to value engineer a design.
- A commercial pre-contract background and a good experience of office design and build
- Detailed knowledge of the JCT
- Good presenter and listener
- High self-motivation, enthusiasm and ambition
- Desire to succeed and positive can-do attitude
- Target and success driver
- Action take with the ability to be in charge and manage a team Desirable
- 5+ years industry experience or Degree level qualification