With projects mainly within the M25, my client is an independent construction contractor that embeds respect, integrity and honesty in everything they do. Their aim is to support their business partners to projects in the Leisure, Commercial, Education and Health Sectors. The project values generally range from £500k - £5m and are mainly new build but may include some refurbishment.
They believe in adding value to their clients, their communities and their partners by taking a leadership role in the built environment. Working together collaboratively, taking the time to understanding the needs of not only their clients but also the needs of those who their activities impact upon.
An experienced Site Manager, to join their team and work on projects in the West London, Uxbridge, Slough, Watford & Surrounding areas. The successful candidate must have a mixture of ground up experience and have worked in the Leisure, Commercial, Education and Health Sectors.
Duties will include –
- Agreeing project objectives.
- Providing advice on the management of projects.
- Organising the various professional people working on the project.
- Carrying out risk assessments and method statements.
- Making sure that all the aims of the project and programmes are met.
- Making sure the quality standards are achieved.
- Using IT systems and site sign in system to keep track of people and progress.
- Recruiting specialists and sub-contractors.
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Overseeing the accounting, costing and billing.
- Attending progress and programme meetings.
- Liaising with the client as required.
About the Candidate –
- Must have 8 years industry experience
- Ideally would have newbuild and construction experience
- Understand designs and run the program from start to finish
- Have worked as a number one on site and delivered a similar project on time and within budget
- Must have some Design & Build experience
- Use of planning software such as MS Project is essential
- Must be able to run the program 6 weeks ahead
- MUST LIVE WITHIN THE WEST LONDON, UXBRIDGE, SLOUGH, WATFORD AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE OR LIVE IN THE RIGHT AREA
What they offer
- A salary of between £50,000 - £70,000
- Good promotional prospects
- Interesting projects with full order books running into 2021