Our client is a leading Global Commercial Fit Out Contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation of being in the top tier of Fit out Contractors with a turnover of circa £120m.
Approx. 80% of their portfolio originates from existing clients who include Global Corporations, Financial and Educational institutions, Data Centres, Laboratories, Healthcare, Retailers and Hoteliers
Working within their Data Centre division delivering complex Data Centre solutions in excess of £30mill across London and the Southern Region, the Senior Technical Services Manager will take overall responsibility for delivery of all project related services issues of a technical nature and reports throughout Pre-construction, delivery, and post-construction. With the heaviest involvement at the Delivery stage, where they would be responsible for all technical aspects of the Engineering Services installation, which plays a major role in the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring technical services Contractors’ performance, holding regular progress meetings with Trade Contractors, reviewing progress of design, liaise with the Design Team, identifying and solving problems.
- Addressing problems with design and construction, quality and progress and solutions.
- Providing technical support to the Construction Manager to implement & manage the site installation.
- Monitoring the request, development and issue of Operation and Maintenance Manuals and‘As Built’ information from Trade Contractors.
- Developing specialist and commissioning programmes with Trade Contractors, Planners and Construction Managers.
- Coordinating Technical Services design team & Building Control inspections.
- Assisting with practical completion, technical support coordination of snagging lists, technical support co-ordination of de-snagging process, managing and witnessing commissioning, confirming completion of work and arrange final inspections, obtaining O&M manuals and ‘As Built’ information, arranging and managing Client training.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A thorough understanding of Data Centre Solutions as a Technical Services Manager winning and delivering Projects in excess £20 million.
- Ideally educated to HND/HNC level in a Building Services qualification
- An understanding of the pre-construction process, and management of the design and procurement phases of the project.
- A proven experience in successfully managing a variety of building services engineering systems installations, in projects ranging from £10m to £50m
- Production of reports, both on project issues and on wider engineering issues.
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach in the workplace
- The ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
- The drive and determination to excel in the role and the industry