Our client is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Their 2,800 worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional delivery dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication.
The ideal candidate will have a professional, pro-active approach. You will be an effective communicator, procedurally minded and have experience in working effectively with customers, consultants and the supply chain. Additionally, you will have an organised and methodical nature, be persistent and thorough, with proven experience in delivering building services engineering installations in line with defined project goals. Experience in leading a team of engineers on one or more medium (£10m+) to large (£20m+) projects is desirable.
Cut and Carve to Cat A Major Commercial Office Refurb Project in Central London
To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying their systems, procedures and culture. Specifically, to manage the building services engineering design/installation process, and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company. On projects of suitable size, to manage the building services engineering team or part off to achieve the project engineering goals.
Promote their philosophy internally and externally with clients and specialist contractors. Operational responsibility for delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, and quality.
- Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
- Contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings.
- Review designers and contractors drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements (specification, drawings etc.)
- Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
- Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works or the elements there off on the project, and on those of personnel / engineers under their supervision.
- Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Reports on their projects or provide information to support the overall project report.
- Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
- Contribute Value Engineering skills.
- Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
- Represent the company at Pre-qualification, Pre-tender and Tender meetings and presentations.
- Take on the role of mentor to TSM, ATSM and TTSM, and encourage career development (PDR) of junior engineers (whether based on same project or on another).
- Carry out a champion role, including publication of internal technical papers and guides.
- Possibility for secondment to clients, consultants or others as a specialist adviser
- Supervise delegated work by others to ensure consistency of service.
- Take part in formal Quality Audits of completed projects.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Competent in Health and Safety management.
- Programme driven, pushing each stage of the building services engineering contract works.
- Good organiser and good at system implementation.
- Prepared to be innovative.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to build and develop relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Political awareness
- High level strategic thinker at a project level.
- Low level strategic thinker for building services engineering skills within Division.
- Good understanding of building services engineering systems and management, preferably gained largely in a site environment.
- Good understanding of the overall construction process, specifically as it interfaces with and affects the building services engineering design and installation.
- Understanding of the pre-construction process, and management of the design and procurement phases of the project.
- Proven experience in successfully managing a variety of building services engineering systems installations, in medium sized (£10m+) projects. Experience on large projects (£30m+) would be an advantage.
- Production of reports, both on project issues and on wider engineering issues.
- Personal attributes
- Self motivated.
- Effective and flexible team member.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
- Lead by example.