The role which will be 90% pre-construction. Taking the ERs and our CP with the existing MEP designs and ensuring those packages are bundled and scope gaps closed for procurement. Handling VE and ensuring a workable scheme is installed in line with the CSA. They will manage up to 2-3 projects with an M&E value of approximately £2-5 million
The STSM is expected to maintain the company’s standard of work in all duties, ensuring projects are delivered in line with guidelines and support the business in maintaining their client relationships.
- You will have a proven track record as a Technical Services Manager with a similar main contractor.
- Must have worked in the commercial office fitout, pharmaceutical or hotel sector.
- Ideally mechanically biased.
- Proven experience in working on the pre-construction stage of a project
- Support the sales on new business opportunities. This includes undertaking site surveys, reviewing as built information in order to assist with feasibility and building selection
- Production of technical documentation for pitch / tender submissions
- Communicating and collaborating with our team to integrate / align services design with the building and fit out requirements.
- Reviewing MEP subcontractor costs and design submissions and communicating with the supply chain to provide professional excellence and best value.
- Provide expertise in terms of coordinating subcontractor design, reviewing site performance and quality management.
- Managing the commissioning and witnessing process and the accuracy of documentation issued
- Ensuring our projects meet Environmental and Local authority requirements
- Attending meetings; presenting ideas and progress reports to both colleagues and clients
- Contribute to client strategy & proposals to capture their business need and identify the appropriate service offering
- Advising clients on how the building services will operate once the building is complete.
They require an individual who is well presented and has a strong technical knowledge and is a committed team player, who understands the importance of closely supporting and collaborating with colleagues, clients and supply chain to achieve the best results.