Established in the 1970’s the company has grown from a small, family contractor to become one of London and the south-east's leading construction companies. The company usually deals on contracts with the local authorities, healthcare providers, education clients and the expanding housing association movement.
The company has retained the attention to detail and customer focus that has underpinned the company's success, while moving into new build housing development and occupied refurbishment. The company continues to secure construction projects all over London and the South-East.
The company focuses their capacity to offer a complete design and build service in response to a changing market and evolving customer requirements. The company takes on more complex, high value projects through our private development arm. The relationships shared with leading design groups have resulted in highly successful private and public-mixed use developments.
The role is a new build scheme in South-East London valued £160million+. This is a large phased development and my client are looking after 525 units across several blocks and the scheme will also include a public Library with large CLT frame. Currently they’re on site at piling stage.
You will initially be based between head office and site for first 6 months (circa 2 days head office, 3 days site), then full time on site.
You will be number 1 on the scheme and will report directly in to the Technical Director.
- Take full responsibility for the design coordination of the projects.
- Audit the design and identify inconsistencies, discrepancies and missing information and record, report and track the close out of these items
- Take responsibility for the production and control of the design programme and report against it
- Chair design workshops with the trade contractors and consultants, develop the design, workshop drawings and manage the coordination between trades
- Manage the production and approval of samples, mock ups and quality benchmarks
- Coordinate the integration of the building services with the architectural and structural elements of the project
- Identify potential design problems and offer solutions
Senior Technical Manager– Up to £85,000 + Package (Negotiable)