Our client is a specialist interior fit out and refurbishment contractor in the Commercial Offices, Hotels, Leisure, Retail and Luxury Residential sectors, priding themselves on their ability to provide a truly unique, personalised service with dedicated Director / Owner involvement, fostering their belief in a ‘Client for Life’ philosophy.
The business now has 4 Commercial Leads and they are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with refurbishment and fit out projects to either run a c£10 million project OR run 2-3 lower value projects. (They have a healthy pipeline of work so are looking for the best option).
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Proven track record in delivering commercial refurbishment and fit out projects.
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.