We are currently working with a Main Contractor who specialise in Refurbishment and New Builds who are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to head up the new Special Works team. Their Special Works team deliver refurb projects across Healthcare, Residential, and Educational projects valued up to £2 million. .
- To be aware of the Company's Business Plan and its aims
- Attend the handover meeting of the contract details from Estimating to the Contract Team
- To establish, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships with the Client and all members of the Clients team.
- To establish, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships
- To maintain a positive dialogue between the Company and all its partners
- Manage and direct any surveyor and / or trainee surveyor allocated to the Contract.
- To control the finance to ensure that budget targets are met, economies of scale in purchasing and commissioning are achieved, revenue flows are maximised, and overheads are minimised.
- To check and agree all contract documentation.
- To check all Insurances and organise bonds if required.
- Experience managing projects in the refurbishment sectors.
- Good organisational and presentation skills
- General business awareness, a practical mind and sound judgement
- A very high level of commercial awareness of the industry
- A good knowledge of, building law, the Law of Contract and statutory requirements.
- An understanding of financial management
- Commutable to North London