We are working with a leading UK construction company who are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a key mixed use development in East London worth over £100 million.
Job Purpose and Scope:
Based on site, you will manage commercial aspects of the project in accordance with company procedure, as well as liaising and collaborating with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities. The role will take ownership for maximising commercial results for the project.
Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Maximise the commercial results of projects in terms of delivering optimum profit performance against internal budgets.
- Maximise the Cash position of the Company.
- Procurement of Sub-contractors
- Financial & Contractual management of Sub-contractors
- Preparing and agreeing Interim Valuations with the Client & for progressing the agreement of Variations as the work proceeds utilising company tools.
- Preparing timely monthly Financial reports which accurately forecast net margin & activity utilising the company tools, procedures & rules
- Collaborating with the Project Manager and other members of the Project team.
- Obtain & understand the company reporting timetable, as well as key tools & procedures, including Compass
- Promoting the training and development of Graduates and Assistant QS`s
Essential & Desirable Criteria:
- Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in a contracting environment
- Degree or other technical qualification
- Knowledge and commercial experience of MEP packages
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience with NEC contracts
- Strong attention to detail
- RICS/CIOB Qualification