As a leader in their field, our client are a well known D&B specialist who have recently been awarded 2 £8 million CAT A refurbishment projects in the city, they require a freelance Senior Quantity Surveyor to manage both projects for a 24 week period. The scope of works include lift and window replacements.
As lead surveyor you will be tasked with overseeing the commercial delivery of both projects.
- Managing cash flows / budgets inline with company procedures
- Ensure timely delivery of projects whilst maintaining / improving cost effectiveness of the project / cost advice when needed
- A key part of determining and agreeing site start programmes and timescales.
- Producing key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the Commercial function.
- Submitting and negotiating valuations / variations
- Reporting straight into to the Commercial Director
- Submitting and negotiating final accounts
- Take accurate site measurements
- Attending progress meetings with the construction directors
- Contract Administration
- Drafting contract programs
- Generating detailed monthly project P&L reports
- Ordering and negotiating materials and plant
- Submitting subcontract / main contract tender
All applicants must have a proven track record in running multiple jobs of a similar value, candidates with major project experience will not be considered and you must be able to be a lead surveyor.
Detailed office fit out background