Our client is an international leading fit out and refurbishment contractor with a turnover almost reaching £150 million to date.
Senior Project Surveyor
- Use strong commercial negotiation skills and experience to manage and lead surveying team to achieve objectives
- Ensure that the client / client team is kept informed of financial matters as and when they arise. Ensure that any variations are submitted in a timely manner
- Help to develop commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise profit
- Prepare cost plans and cash flow forecasts for negotiated & tendered projects
- Commercially review bids and tender settlements
- Ensure the contract is administered correctly and that the project team understands its implications
- Provide support and mentoring to Project Surveyors
- Prepare and provide advice to the team on the preparation of variations
- Help to resolve contractual issues, both client and subcontractor
- Monitor, review and maintain commercial team performance including carrying out staff performance development reviews
- Ensure that Cost Value Reconciliation reports and anticipated final margins are realistic
Key Qualifications and Memberships:
BSc in Quantity Surveying
Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Experience and Attributes:
- Experience across several sectors with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Proven ability to maximise profits whilst maintaining excellent long term relationships with Clients.
-Excels at bringing Teams together, noting that collaboration is key and communication paramount.
- Effective teamwork, influencing, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Experience of managing and developing Operational Surveying Staff with schemes ranging from £2m-£18m.
- Experience of providing regular financial advice across the projects, upstream and downstream.
- Responsibility for regular reviews of the Supply Chain and Supply Chain strategy and review Key approved Subcontractors performance.
- Business development support promoting the interests of the Company and new client leads.