Our client is a leading global commercial fit out contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation, achieving a turnover in excess of £120 million and being in the top 5 fit out contractors.
They pride themselves on retaining existing clients who include global corporations, financial and educational institutions, those requiring workplace mission critical data centres, retailers and hoteliers.
Following a number of successful tenders, they are now looking to expand their commercial team by bringing on a further Senior Quantity Surveyor to their London Office. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering major fitout projects in excess of £15 million value and following a single stage lump sum procurement route.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.