Our Client have been established for over 20 years and operate as one of the largest drylining subcontractors in the UK, with a turnover in excess of £60 million.
They work with leading contractors including McAlpine, Lendlease and Mace to name a few,
They now require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work across projects in London and Cambridge for commercial, healthcare and education projects valued between £3 million - £6 million.
- To measure, price and invoice all elements of work to be charged for the package of works contracted.
- To manage commercial aspects of specific projects and complete tasks assigned, ensuring agreed profit levels are maintained, negotiating and quantifying with Operatives, and measuring works as specified to price.
- Negotiate with clients, preparing detailed valuation and applications for payments with supporting documentation, including marked up drawings, defining and agreeing price variations and maintaining margins.
- This individual may be responsible for a project. Additionally, they may be asked to oversee and mentor other Assistant/Quantity Surveyors to support their development and maximise the commercial opportunities on their projects
- Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
- Accurately estimate and evaluate price work of operatives, make decisions on rate of pay, additional rates and price variations, whilst maintaining agreed margins and employee satisfaction through labour retention.
- Monitor and report on labour retention.
- To work with other Quantity Surveyors to share your knowledge and expertise
- You may be asked to oversee other projects/Quantity Surveyors to ensure the commercial opportunities on projects are managed and maximised.
- Contribute and present at monthly ‘QS Comms’ meetings.
- Always focus on health and safety, according to Company procedures.
In return, they are offering a competitive package including car allowance and also the opportunity to work with a Commercial Director who has worked with some of the industry’s leading companies.