Our client is a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and interior fit-out contractor with a reputation for excellence and innovation. The opportunity has now arisen for a highly motivated and experienced person to fill the following challenging role
This is a key role within the business and involves taking overall responsibility for the delivery of projects safely, on programme, within budget and to exemplar levels of quality standard. Main duties will include;
- Proactively develop relationships with clients and manage their requirements and expectations.
- Lead the project team during the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
- Develop a detailed, co-ordinated project plan and ensure the necessary resources are organised to meet the plan. Ensure progress is continually monitored and take all necessary steps to ensure the critical path is not compromised.
- Develop a project budget, within tender allowances, and ensure the project is delivered within that budget.
- Effective management of project resources i.e. Consultants, staff, sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials.
- Implement the Company Operations and Safety Management Procedures on the project.
- Understand the contract details and ensure company’s contractual position is not compromised.
- Monitor the financial performance of the project and take all necessary steps to minimise costs.
- Proactively participate in value engineering to maximise project contribution
Although based at our Head Office this role will involve regular travel within the UK.
Candidate should have the ability to work remotely, later working in London.
Candidates should possess a third level construction related qualification and have a proven record at this level of responsibility. Previous experience of managing design and build interior fit-out projects is preferable.
Candidates must have excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills along with strong strategic commercial acumen and the ability to add value and optimise profits. Candidates should also be results driven with strong influencing and negotiating skills and be able to work in a pressurised environment.
If you feel you have the skills and competencies for this role then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a dynamic and successful company where you can make a difference.