Granite Search have been appointed an exclusive basis to recruit an experienced Senior Estimator with a wealth of new build experience.
Our client is a well-established building developer that specialises within the Residential, Hotel and Educational sectors. They strive to strike a fine balance between fashion and style within a home, priding themselves on being pioneering and providing practicality whilst delivering elegance and retaining their traditional values. They have a unique entrepreneurial approach to winning new business and if the project is something, they believe they can deliver successfully they will try to.
Notably they have a 1 in 3-win rate as it stands using an outsourced estimating function. Now as the business expands, their goal is to bring the function in house and offer someone the opportunity to build a pre-construction team, but first you must prove yourself as a hands on, forward thinking estimator that can work on 2-3 tenders at any 6 week period.
They are now looking to further expand their growing business with the appointment of their first in house Estimator. Within the role you will be working autonomously on the following areas:
- Evaluating submission documents and agreeing bid strategies.
- Preparing works packages including take offs and generating sub-contract and supplier enquiries.
- Measuring from first principle
- Building and manipulating supply chain relationships (new and old)
- Compliance checking of sub-contract and supplier enquiries and submissions.
- Preparing competitive, comprehensive and professional tender submissions (they currently use ExCel Spreadsheets, they will invest in a software in the next 12 months)
- Leading pre-submission discussions and adjudication panels
- Responding to post submission client enquiries
- Attending to post submission client interviews
- Leading handover meetings to the operations team
- Support the tender adjudication process.
- Experience in estimating new build projects between £10 million - £20 million, even better you will have experience in hotels, student accommodation and care homes.
- Be capable of preparing quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement.
- Possess a wide knowledge of the construction process and forms of construction including ability to identify alternative build solutions.
- Possess exemplary communication and negotiation skills.
- Competent in leading single stage lump sum d&b tenders.
- Proven experience in value engineering tenders