Our client is an established contractor with a track record in high-end residential, commercial fit-out & refurbishment and education. Projects are typically in the region of £3 million to £5 million, either delivering as the principal contractor or as a specialist subcontractor on prestigious projects for some heavy hitters in the fit-out space.
There is a stable pipeline of potential work with scope for that to continue, making it an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator looking to play a key role in a growing contractor.
The role is key in securing projects through driving the estimating teams’ detailed, specific and thorough understanding of the tender information. To succeed you will need to have experience in estimating to first principle estimates for first fix blockwork, brickwork and carpentry.
You will be supported by two capable Junior Estimators who are capable of some of the administration of subcontractor engagement. Under your mentorship, they will progress to take on more responsibility and expand the output of the estimating team.
There are also some flexible working options which will allow for some home working.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Driving continuous improvement of our tender processes
- Allocating resource to the pipeline of tenders, putting us in the best position for success
- Managing all tenders though an internal tender adjudication process
- Undertaking estimating for first fix blockwork, brickwork and carpentry delivered by a labour-only subcontractor
- Sensitively managing subcontractors and supply chains with the commercial teams
- Consistently achieving a seamless handover from the estimating team to the delivery teams
Apply today or to find out more contact Matt Watson on 07889 803 812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org