Our client is a specialist Design and Build main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering innovative solutions and are committed to making every client their next reference, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
They have in house technical design development both in terms of architectural and building services and a balance sheet that enables them to punch well above their weight.
Established only 10 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and achieved a group turnover of circa £150m last year..
Their newest division which has trailblazed the last 24 months is now looking to consolidate its position with 10-20 projects being delivered a year for long term existing group clients and new opportunities with quality prospects.
That division seeks a leader in pre construction.
Ultimately the right individual to either lead or play a strong support in the Pre-Construction team estimating… But here is the requirement…
We seek a hands on estimator who can price from stage 4 drawings and a spec BUT also someone who can help evolve a design from stage 2 filling in the scope gaps and offering value added options for landlords and tenants alike. In terms of risk profile our client will not look at an extension to an existing listed building BUT will look at a remodel / reorientation, atrium infill, infrastructure upgrade or indeed light refresh right through to high end CAT B where they have delivered successful jobs for the likes of:
- Hello Fresh Head Office
- Blackburn & Co
- London Marathon
- I-Tech Media
Within the role you will be working autonomously on the following areas:
- Evaluating submission documents and agreeing bid strategies.
- Preparing works packages including take offs and generating sub-contract and supplier enquiries.
- Measuring from first principle
- Building and manipulating supply chain relationships
- Compliance checking of sub-contract and supplier enquiries and submissions.
- Preparing competitive, comprehensive and professional tender submissions software
- Leading pre-submission discussions and adjudication panels
- Responding to post submission client enquiries.
- Attending to post submission client interviews.
- Leading handover meetings to the operations team.
- Experience in estimating projects up to £15 million and being able to stand up at adjudication.
- Possess a wide knowledge of the construction process and forms of construction including ability to identify alternative build solutions.
- Have the ability to price from Stage 4 drawings or traditional basics.
- Work with a developer to evolve stage 2 drawings from planning to full lump sum scope and price or help with a feasibility study.
- Possess exemplary communication and negotiation skills.