Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
Established 25 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and are on target to achieve a profitable turnover of £40m+ for 2019, and this will be coupled with a bulletproof balance sheet. The business is spearheaded by two directors with over 20 years’ experience each within the London commercial fit out market and both are able to boast an enviable list of notable projects within City and West End landmark buildings. Due to a number of prestigious projects won they now require and experienced Project Manager to join the delivery team.
What will you be doing?
- You'll be responsible for the daily management of a £40million Commercial refurb Project based in Central London.
- Accountable for delivery and quality in line with customer and company expectations
- Develop and maintain close relationships with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders, including customers, sub-contractors and supply chain
- Implement and maintain quality assurance methods/standards to assure delivery of projects
- Implement and maintain HSQ & E procedures from pre-start to project completion to ensure full compliance with all company standards, policies, processes, ISO accreditations and legislative requirements
- Ensure all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are robust, up to date, understood and implemented.
- Be aware of and ensure contract terms are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure that all site records are kept up to date in line with company and legislative requirements.
- Manage budgets and financial status with the commercial team
- Identify and escalate any potential issues.
What do you need to bring?
- Significant management experience in the construction industry working on refurb and Cut & Carve projects of £10m+.
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar role to a high quality.
- General knowledge of contracts (Minimum)
- General knowledge of IT (MS Office, Powerproject or Asta programming) (Minimum)
- Key communication skills necessary to maintain client relationships.
- Key skills in project planning and time management and effective communication to manage site-based project personnel.
- Experience in running and recording effective meetings with a range of key stakeholders, internal and external
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to communicate with and delegate to other members of the team – you'll be happy to work with our design teams and trade contractors at site and project meetings
- A willingness to mentor other members of the construction management team
- The ability to be a key liaison point with the client and design team before construction begins