Our client is a leading global commercial fit out contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation of being in the top tier of fit out contractors with a turnover of circa £120m.
Major Project’s 3 year plan shows modest growth to £100 million this will include high end fit outs and structural refurbishments from £10 million to £100 million in value but crucially running programmes of between £500k and £1 million per week in turnover.
As part of their continued growth plan and recent project wins they are looking for Commercial Managers with experience in working in Fast Paced Fit Out projects. You will be an integral part of their growth, supporting their Senior Management with future tender, recruitment and strategy decisions.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.