JOB TITLE: Senior Construction Manager
SALARY: £340 - £375 per day
Our client have been trading successfully since 1997 within the construction market, having carried out a vast number of projects across the following main market sectors:
- Commercial Fit Out
- Care Homes
They follow the simple philosophy of creating and developing relationships with Clients, Consultants and Supply Chain members alike. This teamwork focus has remained one of their core principles over the years and has led to a significant part of their annual workload being carried on a repeat business basis.
They are committed to continual improvement and always strive to push towards delivering the best value possible for their Clients. Apex are familiar with and experienced in working with a number of procurement routes and have particular experience in:
- Construction Management
- Traditional JCT procurement (Single or Two Stage)
- Design and Build procurement (Single or Two Stage)
Our client is now looking for a Senior Construction Manager on their Hampstead-based project; A High-End Residential development (35 units), on which most aspects are almost on second-fix.
This is a Construction Management Contract so previous experience working on this type of contract would be essential.
For the successful candidate, responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing the running of all Sections on site (liaising with block managers to guarantee this)
- Maintaining Sub-Contractor performance - holding regular progress meetings to ensure this
- Liaising with the client on all aspects and holding Client Progress Meetings
- Authorisation of Sub-contractor payment
- Health & Safety management on site
- Ensuring implementation of the CP SHE Plan
Alongside this, a successful candidate will have longevity throughout their CV and:
- Previous CM (Procurement route) experience would be essential
- Would require a strong background in High-End Residential projects
- Would also need excellent team management skills
- Outstanding organisation skills would also be required