Our Client are delivering a £19 million project based in the City of London. The refurbishment will provide a total of 52,044 ft2 of office space including an open-plan office space on the upper floors.
You will report into the Commercial Manager, and work alongside another Quantity Surveyor. The scheme has 6 months left.
The role which they have available is for a Quantity Surveyor working on specifically Refurbishment packages of the project.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.