Our client is a specialist interior fit out and refurbishment contractor in the Commercial Offices, Hotels, Leisure, Retail and Luxury Residential sectors, priding themselves on their ability to provide a truly unique, personalised service with dedicated Director / Owner involvement, fostering their belief in a ‘Client for Life’ philosophy.
The business now has 3 Commercial Leads and they are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with Tier 1 refurbishment and fit out experience to run the 4th team whilst helping the Director in board reporting and CVR interrogation across the business.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day-to-day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Proven track record in delivering commercial refurbishment and fit out projects.
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading fit out and refurbishment contractor who are genuinely making themselves standout from the competition. You will have the opportunity to work with a competent senior commercial management team and a board of directors with a reputable name within the construction sector.
They are open to discussing ways in which this role can support your own career development and will support courses which will allow this role to evolve.
If this is a role of interest, please get in touch on 07787 023105 or send a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org