My client is a leading Tier 1 Main Contractor who have an excellent reputation within the construction Industry. They have an excellent pipeline of work, achieving a turnover in excess of £500 million and are looking to expand their Commercial Division.
My client, is currently in search for a quality driven and commercially astute Project Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial division where they will be leading a £20 million commercial new build through to fit out project as a number 1 but with minimal assistance from the senior surveyor.
- Use strong commercial negotiation skills and experience to manage and lead surveying team to achieve objectives.
- Ensure that the client / client team is kept informed of financial matters as and when they arise. Ensure that any variations are submitted in a timely manner.
- Help to develop commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise profit.
- Prepare cost plans and cash flow forecasts for negotiated & tendered projects.
- Commercially review bids and tender settlements.
- Ensure the contract is administered correctly and that the project team understands its implications.
- Provide support and mentoring to Project Surveyors.
- Prepare and provide advice to the team on the preparation of variations.
- Help to resolve contractual issues, both client and subcontractor.
- Monitor, review and maintain commercial team performance including carrying out staff performance development reviews.
- Ensure that Cost Value Reconciliation reports and anticipated final margins are realistic.
The ideal candidate should:
- Experience in working on projects over £30 million
- Be capable of preparing quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement.