Granite Search are currently assisting a prestigious medium sized Main Contractor who are a key client based in East Central London. They have successfully surpassed their target by 68% and have a strong pipeline of work.
My client, is currently in search for a quality driven and commercially astute Project Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial division where they will be leading various projects in Central London, working directly with the Commercial Lead on these projects.
- Use strong commercial negotiation skills and experience to manage and lead surveying team to achieve objectives
- Ensure that the client / client team is kept informed of financial matters as and when they arise. Ensure that any variations are submitted in a timely manner
- Help to develop commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise profit
- Prepare cost plans and cash flow forecasts for negotiated & tendered projects
- Commercially review bids and tender settlements
- Ensure the contract is administered correctly and that the project team understands its implications
- Provide support and mentoring to Project Surveyors
- Prepare and provide advice to the team on the preparation of variations
- Help to resolve contractual issues, both client and subcontractor
- Monitor, review and maintain commercial team performance including carrying out staff performance development reviews
- Ensure that Cost Value Reconciliation reports and anticipated final margins are realistic.
The ideal candidate should:
- Experience in working on projects over £5 million
- Be capable of preparing quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement.
Possess a wide knowledge of the construction process and forms of construction including ability to identify alternative build solutions.