Our client is a medium sized Main contractor who have established a strong presence in West England over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation, achieving a turnover in excess of £150 million and working on some small high complexity projects.
They pride themselves on retaining existing clients who include and repeat work. My client, deliver quality design-and-build, new-build, restoration, and refurbishment work on a range of projects, including complex projects, up to £35 million - as well as providing turnkey maintenance services for smaller schemes.
My client, is currently in search for a quality driven and commercially astute Project Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial division where they will be leading various projects in Central London, working directly with the Senior Quantity Surveyor on these projects.
The ideal candidate should:
- Experience in estimating projects over £10 million.
- Be capable of preparing quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement.
- Possess a wide knowledge of the construction process and forms of construction including ability to identify alternative build solutions.
- Evaluating submission documents and agreeing bid strategies.
- Preparing works packages including take offs and generating sub-contract and supplier enquiries.
- Measuring from first principle
- Building and manipulating supply chain relationships
- Compliance checking of sub-contract and supplier enquiries and submissions.
- Preparing competitive, comprehensive, and professional tender submissions software
- Leading pre-submission discussions and adjudication panels
- Responding to post submission client enquiries.
- Attending to post submission client interviews.
- Leading handover meetings to the operations team