Our client is a leading global commercial fit out contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation, achieving a turnover in excess of £150 million and being in the top 5 fit out contractors.
They pride themselves on retaining existing clients who include global corporations, financial and educational institutions, those requiring workplace mission critical data centres, retailers, and hoteliers. Having recently been awarded a major £60 million refurbishment project, they have furthered secured a pipeline of work in the London Region.
My client, is currently in search for a quality driven and commercially astute Project Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial division where they will be leading various projects in Central London, working directly with the Commercial Lead on these projects.
- Use strong commercial negotiation skills and experience to manage and lead surveying team to achieve objectives
- Ensure that the client / client team is kept informed of financial matters as and when they arise. Ensure that any variations are submitted in a timely manner
- Help to develop commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise profit
- Prepare cost plans and cash flow forecasts for negotiated & tendered projects
- Commercially review bids and tender settlements
- Ensure the contract is administered correctly and that the project team understands its implications
- Provide support and mentoring to Project Surveyors
- Prepare and provide advice to the team on the preparation of variations
- Help to resolve contractual issues, both client and subcontractor
- Monitor, review and maintain commercial team performance including carrying out staff performance development reviews
- Ensure that Cost Value Reconciliation reports and anticipated final margins are realistic.
The ideal candidate should:
- Experience in estimating fit out projects over £30 million
- Be capable of preparing quantities in accordance with standard methods of measurement.
- Possess a wide knowledge of the construction process and forms of construction including ability to identify alternative build solutions.