Our Client seek a competent and commercially astute Quantity Surveyor to support their current Senior Surveyor having won a number of new projects.
They work across residential, commercial, healthcare, education and hotel projects and pride themselves on delivering quality projects.
From you, they will expect you to be able to work across multiple commercial refurb and fit out projects ranging from £500k- £5 million and be able to support a Senior Surveyor working on a cost centre between £10million - £15 million at any one time.
- Recommending and critiquing sub-contractors and managing relationships
- Carrying out CVRs
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Work with the Contract Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated project.
- Technical knowledge and competence
- Problem solver and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- A self-motivated attitude, a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Ability to build long lasting and reputable relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Commercial awareness and the ability to ensure that you are adding maximum value to businesses.