Our client is one of the UK’s finest and award-winning main contractors, with an envious order book valued at over £3bn. The team in question that we are working with is currently turning over in excess of £45 million. They specialise in delivering a variety of public sector framework projects including libraries, schools and apartment blocks. 90% of their work is two-stage D+B and they have an unprecedented pipeline of work, with 95% of projects secured into 2021; turnover is forecast at £65m.
Our client has entered into a JV with a major county council based in the Midlands to provide the construction/buildout for new framework projects. As a result of the increased workload, they require an experienced project manager to facilitate exceptional delivery across this important sector.
They seek a #1 Project Manager who has run projects from conception through to PC at a value of circa £5m.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be within the listed geographical locale
- Be energetic and Enthusiastic
- Be able to make a margin and be commercially astute
- Have worked in refurbishment, fit-out or refurbishment sectors.
- Have excellent client management skills.
- Have D+B experience
- Have lead jobs consistently from start to finish
- Be able to programme using software including MS Projects or Asta
- Be able to produce pre-construction documents including Information Release Schedules and Construction Methodologies
- Be able to liaise effectively with both the client and the delivery team
The Project Manager is the face of the organisation at site level and must present and conduct themselves in a smart and professional manner, behave appropriately and lead the team by example.