Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
Established 25 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and are on target to achieve a profitable turnover of £40m+ for 2019, and this will be coupled with a bulletproof balance sheet. The business is spearheaded by two directors with over 20 years’ experience each within the London commercial fit out market and both are able to boast an enviable list of notable projects within City and West End landmark buildings. Due to a number of prestigious projects won they now require and experienced Project Manager to join the delivery team.
They are looking for an experienced Project Manager who is capable of leading a commercial fit out or refurbishment project valued between £2m and £8m.
The ideal candidate would also:
- Taking overall responsibility for project delivery and quality, managing the design process, offering value engineering solutions and sharing ideas about how we can take our business forward
- Looking after the master programme and forecasting as well as keeping up to speed with each project's status so you can escalate any significant delivery risks
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with external professionals, clients, consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Maintaining awareness of the commercial position of every project, actively engaging with the Commercial team to protect our position
- Making sure our project teams have the right people with the right skills in place, and managing, motivating and developing your direct reports
- Ensuring there's full compliance with all relevant internal and external HSQE requirements and our ISO accreditations
- Leading our procurement schedule, making sure the right suppliers are engaged for each project
What do you need to bring?
- Experience at PM level
- Main Contractor experience at a similar level within the construction and fit-out market.
- Industry experience. Track record of successful projects either internally or externally
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process, both new build and fit out
- Understands the pre-construction process
- Can organise and manage the design phase of a project
- Help prepare and maintain the client decision matrix
- Able to collate information from the team to prepare and present the project report
- Has been involved at a senior level in at least one £10m+ project
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system
- Good team leader and “people manager”
- Sensitive to political situations - good relationship builder
- Training and mentoring of team members
- A good organiser/system implementor
- Able to apply and operate a safe system of works
- Be able to effectively manage risk
- Be able to plan & programme projects with some knowledge of planning software