Our client is a specialist interior fit out and refurbishment contractor in the Commercial Offices, Hotels, Leisure, Retail and Luxury Residential sectors, priding themselves on their ability to provide a truly unique, personalised service with dedicated Director / Owner involvement, fostering their belief in a ‘Client for Life’ philosophy.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to lead a £16 million refurb project in Slough.
A vacant possession, single stage D&B with complete new cladding, new entrances New M&E plant, 5 new lifts and a new single story extension and new roof.
For the successful candidate, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the bi weekly / monthly Project Report
- Managing Change Orders in conjunction with the commercial staff, evaluating instructions, analysing their impact on programme, proposing alternative solutions
- Has the capability of maintaining the programme at site level by updating, resequencing where necessary, producing short term and area specific programmes and weekly mark ups
- Overseeing the site, maintaining on site safety and staff welfare, and may be responsible for site security
- Addressing problems regarding design and construction, quality and progress and implements solutions
- Checking the quality and build, highlighting any snags/ errors or scope divergence at the earliest possible time
- Managing the logistics levels and the requirements or and obligations to our Supply Chain Partners
- Managing the internal team resources, both incoming and outgoing, including taking responsibility for any working hours, holidays and any possible o/o/m working rotas of the site management team
- Arranging statutory inspections for completed works
- Handling practical completion, compiling snag list, supervises de-snagging and site clean up, and confirming completion of work
- Managing the handover to the Client, ensuring the Handover Manual is completed
- Ensuring the Internal “Project Review” Reports are accurate and up to date, including attendance at and leading the monthly Project Review Meetings
Alongside this, a successful candidate will have longevity throughout their CV and will:
- Have had previous experience as PM on refurb projects of value up to at least £15 million
- Have excellent cost management skills
- Have outstanding leadership qualities
- Have effective decision making skills
- Have a proven track record of getting works completed On Time and within Budget