We are recruiting for one of the leading international principal contractors. A major player in the construction industry that stands out by its on-going consistent ability to successfully deliver projects to the highest standards. With a current turnover in excess of £1 billion they have proudly been entrusted to run some of the major UK projects in the past year.
They are looking for either a multiple project running Project Director (up to 4) or a Project Director to run large Cat Bs £15m - £20m+ to join their Fit-Out arm, which is turning over circa £110m currently. They undertake Cat A and Cat B work for clients ranging from Commercial Agents, Professional Services, Public and Private Clients.
Projects typically range between £8m - £25m but off the back of the success of delivering other schemes, they are being invited to tender larger projects. They are typically 2 stage D&B in nature delivered through long term supply chin partners.
Former projects include RBS, a major London publisher (£13 million) and Spotify’s European HQ (£25 million).
Due to this increase in workload, they are currently looking for an experienced Director with a proven track record of successfully managing a team through strong leadership.
The Project Director’s duties will include:
- Client liaison, winning work and developing relationships.
- Managing up to 2-3 delivery teams on projects between £8m - £25m or site based on a single project £30m - £50m +
- Maximising the overall strength of the business by developing project teams and building relationships to strengthen market position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong PM/PQS/Architectural relationships
- Strong leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively to clients and colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well presented
- Highly driven