This role requires a self-starter with the potential to take responsibility and manage the commercial success of multiple projects efficiently and to a high standard.
A level of experience within a fast track workplace Design & Build environment is crucial to be able to make accurate ‘on the spot’ decisions.
1. Preparation of budgets and cost plans at concept stage, based on initial design intent information
2. Issuing and obtaining tenders from suppliers and subcontractors
3. Negotiation and preparation of sub-contractor/supplier terms and conditions
4. Preparation and maintenance of the contract documentation - usually JCT format
5. Cost control during the tendering and detailing stages with client’s representatives
6. Preparing and communicating project account with client’s representatives at all stages
7. Reporting project profit
- A determined and committed team player who understands the importance of closely supporting and collaborating with colleagues to achieve the best results
- Proven high level commercial skills and contractual awareness
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail
- Good time management; ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Energetic, proactive and with a ‘can do’ attitude is essential
- Demonstrates initiative and an appetite to learn
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Working within a supportive team who are looking to grow and develop so recognition, reward and career development is available for the successful individual.