Our client are a multi-disciplined building and engineering services sub-contractor, providing high quality and innovative solutions operating across the UK. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
Established over 30 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and are on target to achieve a profitable turnover of £60m+ for 2021, and this will be coupled with a bulletproof balance sheet.
With a current London MEP services London turnover of £25m, they are looking to drive this up to over £50m per annum over the next 3-5 years.
First established as a family business they are now led by a second-generation MD with over 20 years experience in the industry and although ambitious and progressive our client pride themselves on their family ethos. They currently have over 200 direct employees and a staff retention rate of over 90%.
Specialising in the Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Residential sectors they are looking to increase their portfolio of key clients in the London area to drive profit and turnover.
Our client looking for an experienced Pre-Construction Manager (M&E) to join their team.
The purpose of the role is to manage multiple single and two stage bids working collaboratively with our estimating, design & bid management, and operational teams. You will lead design and cost managers and will be the key point of contact for our clients.
- Be the Client lead with their clients.
- Develop new opportunities in the market via existing and new clients.
- Drive the Company culture in all our operations.
- Take responsibility and make decisions.
- Communicate openly.
- Lead their team.
- Agree deliverables with their clients.
- Develop preconstruction programmes to meet the required milestones.
- Agree BG6 / scope of works for external designers and engage them.
- Manage the design process.
- Manage risk and opportunity.
- Review for offsite / prefab / MMC opportunities
- Ensure statutory and advisory compliances.
- Engage with Clients BIM team
- Engage with supply chain.
- Build cost plans when required.
- Development of PCSA and prelim costs
- Cost management
- Value engineering
- Driving profit through the design process
- Regular reporting on cost, risk & opportunity, programme, client relationship and team performance and capacity
You will be passionate leader with previous experience in a preconstruction role. You will have the ability to work flexibly on more than one project at a time, while managing the time and resources of your team.
You will have excellent technical knowledge in mechanical and electrical building services and in construction generally. You will understand the design process and how to deal with clients, main contractors, architects, MEP and other engineers, and surveyors.
You will be an excellent communicator with clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
You will have excellent commercial judgement, knowing when and where to push and when to give way. You will be proactive in recognising potential upcoming problems and developing appropriate mitigation measures.
Our project work is split between NI and London. Growth is planned largely around the London region so this will be the main focus region for the role. You will be based in our London office.