Our client is a leading global commercial fit out contractor who have established a strong presence in Central London over the past 25 years. They have now built up an excellent reputation of being in the top tier of fit out contractors with a turnover of circa £120m. Around 80% of their portfolio originates from existing clients who include global corporations, financial and educational institutions, those requiring workplace mission critical data centres, retailers and hoteliers.
Just some of their projects include:
Project Type: JCT D&B
Size: 450,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: 64 weeks
Latham & Watkins LLP
Project Type: Traditional
Size: 72,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: Multiple Phases
51 Lime Street
Project Type: JCT D&B
Size: 370,000 SQ FT
Programme Period: 24 weeks
In collaboration with their clients and consultants, everything they create is built with personality and care. That’s our client’s intention: high-quality work provided by a team of engaged professionals, delivered defect free and on time.
Today, the business has the capacity, resource and structure to successfully deliver projects from £500,000 - £100m and have completed some of the most prestigious and challenging fit out and cut and carve projects in central London. The business is expanding and there is ample room to develop and progress your career with internal promotion being a key factor of the business plan. They have a high staff retention ratio based on this model.
Delivered through three operational units the business plan sees them double in size in three years. Those units are Core Projects, Major Projects, Mission Critical and R&D. Those units operate below the Executive Team and share key services including preconstruction.
The perfect candidate will be able to;
- Monitor all project activity including schedules, spending and related items to ensure timely and quality completion of assigned construction projects.
- Prepare, complete or review all project reports to ensure accuracy. Provides project status report and project schedules in accordance with company guidelines on timeliness and completeness of information.
- Perform final review of construction on projects to include review of bid documents, review of bid procedures, review of vendor and subcontractor qualifications, review of final estimates, labour and material take-offs and related information.
- Follow up with the client as needed to ensure timely payment of fees and other payments to STI. Provide timely and accurate information to accounting to ensure proper invoice preparation to client.
- Work to deadlines and drive project through Design phase through to completion
- Be commercially astute and function effectively within a team of 2 Estimators
- Have experience in Design and Build, Detail and Build
- Possess strong leadership qualities and have experience with leading teams of at least 3 historically
- Understand and navigate the logistical issues that accompany commercial office fitouts