Our Client are a design and build business specialising in heating, air-conditioning, ventilation, hot and cold water services, drainage and gas supplies, working predominantly in the office fit-out market on projects CAT A & CAT B ranging in value from £200k up to £5m. They undertake both in house design projects as well as traditional tendering from consultants drawings and spec.
They have a turnover of £20 million and have seen year on year growth and work with leading contractors including Willmott Dixon and ISG.
You will be tasked with working on a mix of estimating direct from consultant’s drawings along with an element of ‘rule of thumb’ estimating from some hand marked up sketches.
- Evaluating submission documents and agreeing bid strategies.
- Preparing works packages including take offs and generating sub-contract and supplier enquiries.
- Compliance checking of sub-contract and supplier enquiries and submissions.
- Preparing competitive, comprehensive and professional tender submissions software
- Leading pre-submission discussions and adjudication panels
- Responding to post submission client enquiries.
- Attending to post submission client interviews.
- Leading handover meetings to the operations team.
There will definitely be variety within the role and we are looking for someone who is ambitious, committed, pro-active and looking for a new challenge with a company that is very much looking to the future.
The role definitely has the potential to grow as the business is looking to increase the speed of its growth.
The individual we are looking for would ideally be and have skills in:
- 5 years minimum experience estimating HVAC and plumbing systems
- HNC / equivalent on better in building services (nice to have not essential)
- Good communication with internal staff and external subcontractors
- Decision making and confident to make own decisions
- Problem solving ability
- Understanding of take offs and scale drawings
- Attention to detail