Our client is a Construction service provider based in London, specialising in high-end fit out, refurbishment and BIM/VIT and Data Centres. They pride themselves on delivering unmatched client service, quality and value, resulting in long-term client relationships. Their average customer satisfaction score is 88% and more that 70% of their business comes from their existing clients.
During the proposal stage, the Technical Services Manager assists the Project Manager in preparing the Contractors’ proposals and technical services aspects of the proposal. The technical Services Manager becomes involved at the proposal stage and is responsible for liaising with the project team regarding individual sections of the document. The Technical Services Manager shall liaise with the client team to establish relationship where possible. In conjunction with the Project Manager and bid team he must prepare the construction methodology, to ensure that the technical services content & strategy merge with the proposed construction sequence. These shall include as a minimum.
- Reviewing the details including design information, drawings, specifications and any information
- relating to the building itself - scope interrogation.
- Arrange meetings with key supply chain members, obtain buy in, into the programme, engage
- with the Directors and secure their own most talented management teams.
- Arrange meetings with the Professional Team and form early relationships by engaging and
- understanding the design briefs and project objectives.
- Review of all plant physical dimensions to for incorporation into the logistics plan.
- Review & produce of methodology to ensure safe installation approach.
- Review & identify key programme risks & mitigation measures.
- Review & production of commissioning strategy
The Technical Services Manager is involved in the planning and procurement processes:
- Carry out handover from the technical services estimator.
- Produce the scope of works documents for inclusion in the sub-contracts
- Review the technical services procurement strategy (bundled / unbundled etc.,)
- Liaises with the commercial manager to complete trade contractor document pack & supporting commercial manager to ensure compliant tender returns.
- Assists with the procurement process, assists with the Trade Contractor selection, attends Trade Contractor selection meetings, assists in start-up, progress meetings, agrees trade programmes and information, release schedules with Trade Contractors.
- Lead technical services start up meeting with the Trade Contractor to set expectation & provide operational templates for their completion.
- Prepare at the pre-construction phase the Technical Services Strategy document outlining the key elements & dates of the technical services programme & methodology.
- Liaises with the Project Manager to produce the construction programme.
- Liaise with Building Control, arrange review of technical delivery and record outcome.
- Prepare temporary electrical services plan.
- Review any existing base build services and interfaces with new installation.
- Arrange validation & commissioning checks and propose condition surveys as appropriate.
- Evaluate design information, review drawings and specifications.
- Advices on buildability and product selection
- Identifies Long Lead items or trades.
- Defines Trade Contractor & professional team liaison for design team coordination & workshops
- Produce the commissioning strategy & agreed witnessing plan with professional team
The Technical Services Managers are responsible for all technical aspects of the technical services installation in the project.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible & takes lead in the following activities:
- Monitors technical services Contractors’ performance, hold regular progress meetings with Trade Contractors, review progress of design, liaise with the Design Team, identify and solve problems.
- Address problems with design and construction, quality and progress and solutions.
- Ensure benchmarking & quality control process is implemented.
- Attends weekly team meetings to report on the status of the technical services installation.
- Attends monthly meetings with the project manager to inform the monthly operations report.
- Attends the Client project meetings with the Project Manager
- Provide technical support to the Construction Manager to implement & manage the site installation.
- Carries out regular site inspections of the installation & issues corrective actions where necessary.
- Monitor the request, development and issue of Operation and Maintenance Manuals and ‘As Built’ information from Trade Contractors.
- Develop specialist and commissioning programmes with Trade Contractors, Planners and Construction Managers.
- Leads the commissioning process, completes the tracking schedules & agree schedules for witnessing.
- Coordinates Technical Services design team & Building Control inspections.
- Monitors the document control system with the design manager on the progress of information flow against the programme, highlighting risk to the Project Manager
- Assists with practical completion, technical support coordination of snagging lists, technical support co-ordination of de-snagging process, manage and witness commissioning, confirm completion of work and arrange final inspections, obtain O&M manuals and ‘As Built’ information, arranges and manages Client training.
Post Completion Phase
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for resolving any defects reported by the Client during the defects period, relating to technical services.
The technical services manager will attend the end of defects period meeting with the Project Manager