Our client is a well-established specialist in providing fast-track mechanical and electrical fit-out services. They work on refurbishment and new-build projects across a range of sectors in Central London and surrounds within supply chains such as Overbury, ISg, and Parkeray and other major principal contractors.
They are currently searching for an experienced M&E QS to manage Mechanical and Electrical packages on Fit Out Projects in and around London
If you have are a M&E QS with Experience of Fit Out projects in excess of £5mill and are interested in hearing more, please contact me on 07736 886 990 or apply to this job.
You will have an HNC or equivalent.
You will have a proven track record of successfully carrying out a similar role.
The role of Quantity Surveyor is to plan, implement and deliver projects according to programme, budget and quality.
The Quantity Surveyor is expected to maintain the company’s standard of work in all duties.
You will have overall responsibility for the successful financial delivery of projects from award to completion:
- Better Buying of all bread and butter materials
- Procurement and placing of all subcontract orders
- Subcontractor Account Management
- Preparation of all Applications
- Compiling of all Variations
- Review all Contract Documents for potential risk and exposure and provide key information across the contract team.
- Ensure all projects are 100% cost certain along with the project team prior to commencement on site.
- To provide internal variation summary reports to the Surveying Manager on all projects they are responsible for weekly and on time.
- To provide a monthly subcontractor certification schedule to the surveying manager on time.
- To work with and maintain the existing company surveying processes.
- To work closely with the Client’s PQS to ensure all variations are priced budget within 3 days and firm within 5 days and to ensure monthly meetings are arranged with the PQS to ensure this are agreed monthly and do not age further than 30 days without agreement to obtain maximum recovery through accurate measurement of the works completed.
- Enhance and control the presentation of variations from the Site Managers and Engineers to maximise recoverable value.
- Ensure prompt and regular submission of payment applications.
- Preparation of all subcontracts to meet the company standards
- Management of subcontract accounts including interrogation, procurement, payments, variations and final accounts are dealt with fairly and in accordance with the sub-contractor orders.
- Liaise with the surveying manager to ensure accuracy of costs, and best practice in material buying
- Coordination of all track sheet accuracy and inputting through to invoicing. Ensure payment is made within both WIP and cash targets
- To maintain all required project documentation.
- Supervise, mentor and encourage all subordinate staff
- All your office and site activities will be client facing and as a result you are our representative to the client. At all times you will be expected to maintain a professional appearance and manner, be punctual, helpful and courteous to clients, colleagues and other contractors on site.
- Attend all weekly Surveying Meetings.
- Attend all weekly Variation tracker meetings.
- Attend all monthly WIP/Ledger review meetings.