Our client is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Their 2,800 worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional delivery dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication.
Responsible for MEPH related commercial aspects of the project and working closely with the Senior Commercial Manager and project team within the Major Projects Division.
Skills & experience:
- Must have Commercial Fit Out Experience
- Previous experience of successfully acting as a lead Technical Services Commercial Manager on a large projects (£10 million to £50 million) or being a project lead on a project below £20 million with a proven track record of delivering within time and budget constraints.
- Good knowledge of MEPH related works including dealing directly with suppliers.
- Previous experience of acting as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control for MEPH related works.
- Must be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement both on personal and divisional level.
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Generates new relationships easily and is committed to generating new business opportunity.
- Must be organised and prioritise own work to deliver on time through managing time effectively.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Works in a proactive and diligent manner.
- Proven record of getting results and developing others.
- Must be able to participate, share knowledge and actively support colleagues.
- Must be able to remain calm and focussed in difficult situations.
- Must be able to take full accountability for their role, actions, judgements and decisions.
- To maximise the MEPH commercial position of the project whilst maintaining positive Client relationships.
- Protect their contractual position by ensuring all obligations are discharged appropriately.
- Ensure their governance and procedural requirements are adhered to.
- To take active responsibility for commercial procedures in conjunction with the Senior Commercial Manager.
- To take a lead role in the valuation process where applicable for MEPH.
- To actively promote their philosophy and culture
- Prepare and monitor Bid Package Tender Schedule for MEPH related packages
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises
- Advise on selection of Sub-Contractors for package works
- Attend meetings with the design team and with Sub-Contractors
- Assist in managing the change process in conjunction with the extended team
- Management of the subcontractor site instruction process with the construction team
- Ensure Sub-Contractor certifications and notifications are issued on time
- Prepare ‘rolling' final account throughout project and aim to agree at practical completion
- Complete the final account administration and manage the retention release close out for subcontractors
- Inputting into the internal reporting via CVR, cashflows, project reports, monthly project reviews
- Ensure project archiving is completed