Our client is a leading M&E Contractor who specialise in delivering a variety of works across London, including Infrastructure, Commercial and Retail Fit Out projects.
Until now they have secured regular projects with key clients and have secured a strong order book as one of London’s leading specialists in their vertical.
With over 25 years of industry experience they are in a healthy position to deliver an excellent product from concept to design and installation.
A Lead Electrical Design Engineer to join a team of 4, reporting to the Design Manager you will lead on Electrical project tenders to produce a design detail whilst mentoring and guiding a team of 3.
You will provide leadership and mentoring to an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer and an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer as well as a CAD Technician.
The key responsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- Development of electrical systems in accordance with employers’ requirements/concept
- design (Stage 2+)
- Cable calculations including discrimination studies/diversity calculations/voltage/drop/overcurrent selection
- Lighting calculations including Lux values/uniformity values
- Assisting with production of contractors’ proposals – detailed specifications and supporting drawings/schematics
- Liaison with Mechanical team for power/containment requirements and co‐ordination
- Liaison with the Estimating team for tender assessments and pricing purposes
- Survey and report on existing electrical installations and identify customer requirements
- Highlight changes in standards/legislation and report to the business
Previous managerial experience is not essential; however, you should be able to demonstrate leadership in your work. Ideally you should also have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
IN RETURN THEY OFFER
A competitive basic annual salary between £55,000 and £65,000 P.A. as well as a company benefits package that includes travel.