Our client is a well-established building developer main contractor that specialises operating within the Residential, Hotel and Educational sectors. They pride themselves on delivering new build projects on time and within budget, helping them to secure repeat business from a healthy client base.
We have been engaged by our client to recruit a lead financial controller, with a direct report to the directors. Please see below for a detailed description of the responsibilities expected of a successful candidate.
- Present to the board in monthly meetings communicating all financial information for the company including monthly financial / management accounts, OH&P, Cashflow, Cost v’s Budget reporting for Prelims, P&L and Balance Sheets
- Take the lead on striving to improve company procedures often in collaboration with the commercial department
- Preparing, integrate and manage short term annual, future forecasts and budgets for the business
- Manage day to day accounts including cashflow, payroll, VAT, CIS, pensions, HMRC etc.
- Build the finance department /support staff in line with the growth of the business
Successful candidates MUST have an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have at least 2 years post-qualification experience in an accounting role within a construction or property development company.