Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
Established only 5 years ago, they have grown consistently year on year and are on target to achieve a profitable turnover of £50m+ for 2019, and this will be coupled with a bulletproof balance sheet. The business is spearheaded by two directors with over 20 years’ experience each within the London commercial fit out market and both are able to boast an enviable list of notable projects within City and West End landmark buildings.
Current or recent projects delivered by the client:
- Confidential client – Hedge Fund
CAT B fit out, incorporating custom finishes, of 6 floors in West End location
50,000 sq ft
- FTSE 100 company
Construction and refurbishment of CAT A and CAT B space within an occupied building
90,000 sq ft
- Development company – LSE listed
Refurb and CAT A fit out – New core, lift and plant replacement and an additional storey
65,000 sq ft
The Finance Controller is responsible for the financial health of the business, producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. The Finance Controller should also be guiding the owners/directors of the business in making sound financial business decisions in the long and short term.
Making a Difference
- Make a difference to team capabilities by actively mentoring and developing team
- Agree key responsibilities and manage and develop the team to ensure objectives are met and team are supported and motivated.
- Represent the company in a presentable and professional manner always ensuring that actions are taken to make a difference wherever possible
- Ensure company delivery procedures are adhered to
- Be prepared to innovate when opportunities arise
- Maintaining the company’s accounting records including purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank accounts including reconciliation, accruals and prepayments and taking the accounting records to trial balance. This would include ensuring the balance sheet accounts reconcile in respect of PAYE, CIS and VAT.
- Dealing with accounts queries.
- Ensuring subcontractors/suppliers are paid on time, and their accounts are reconciled – reviewing supplier invoices before payment.
- Liaising with the Commercial team to manage cashflow and ensure timely payments to suppliers/sub-contractors.
- Management of payments: Check, Review batching, Post subcontractor payment certs via Eque2, Monitor positive cash position for each project
- Management of CIS: Review / check payments, Monthly return, Dealing with queries
- Generate overhead cashflow
- Collate project cashflow from Commercial Managers
- Generate master cashflow for business