Our Client are specialist company operating in a variety of sectors within the high end fit out market and are looking to employ an experienced, conscientious, self-motivated and ambitious Estimator.
The role would suit someone with good communication skills, experience in estimating joinery and working with multiple sub-contractors, who is looking for a permanent position to join a growing and established construction firm.
The candidate should be confident in managing and co-ordinating all aspects of tenders ranging from £100,000 to £10m+. Being highly organised and methodical with good time management skills in meeting deadlines is key along with a solid understanding of working with Excel. Experience working in heritage projects would be an added bonus.
Main responsibilities include:
- Putting together sub-contractor packages.
- Handling sub-contractor enquiries.
- Compiling the estimate book.
- Analysing all Client documentation.
- Working with the team to assess and implement strategy.
- Estimating joinery with material and labour breakdowns.
- Take off’ s from drawings and specification documents.
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations.
- Completing presentation documentation.
- Compiling prelims.
- Finalising tender submissions with the commercial team.
- Dealing with post tender queries.
- Attending mid and post tender interviews.
- Preparing budgets.