Granite Search are currently working an SME who have worked on some prestigious high end fit outs in the recent years. The Directors of this organisation combined, have over 20 years experience within the commercial fit out space and are looking to grow their business in the next few years and as a result they need an Estimator to join them and support their work winning function.
The business has three core divisions, Design & Build, Fit Out & Refurbishment and Small Works and will typically aim to secure projects valued between £100k – £5 million, but as a growing business this could vary depending on where their relationships take them. The projects could be a small refurbishment of a high profile government building or an innovative co-working space so you will be tendering a diverse range of projects which makes the role exciting and will keep you engaged!
A forward thinking, commercially astute Estimator and will consider candidates with all levels of experience. If you have 3-5 years experience and want to work with a hands on Director showing you the way, then you can apply or whether you have a proven track record in securing tenders of a similar value and working at pace then this could also be right for you!
- analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- analysing data that can affect costs (such as currency exchange rates and the company’s productivity rates)
- assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- visiting project sites to gather information
- staying aware of the latest construction technologies
- keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements
- inputting into decisions over whether to bid for the project
- working closely with key members of the project team (such as the bid manager) and liaising with clients and suppliers
- keeping detailed records and writing reports.