To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team, systems and procedures. Specifically, to manage the building services engineering design/installation process and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company.
The ideal candidate will have a professional, pro active approach and a minimum of 5years experience. You will be an effective communicator, procedurally minded and have experience in working effectively with customers, consultants and the supply chain. Additionally, you will have an organised and methodical nature, be persistent and thorough, with experience in delivering building services engineering installations in line with defined project goals.
Operational responsibility for delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, quality, and environmental conditions.
- Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
- Contribute to the regular Project Report,and attend Project Meetings. • Review designers and contractor’s drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
- Organise and control the effective release of information where there are shortfalls or errors in the design.
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements. • Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
- Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects.
- Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
- Prepare and monitor progress against a Commissioning programme
- Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Report for their project(s).
- Contribute Value Engineering skills and assist the Financial Manager in costing variation works.
- Propose appropriate specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for the project.
- Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
- Represent the company at Pre-qualification and Tender meetings and presentations.
- Take on the role of mentor to junior staff.
- To use and manage procedures as outlined.
- Internal reporting to line manager including keep fully informed of issues and potential risks to the business.
- Skilled in environmental issues including BREEM, LEAD etc.
- Working knowledge of Design and Build form of contract and other forms of contract together with their differing risk and opportunities
Essential skills and qualifications
- 5 years’ industry experience
- Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems and their implementation.
- Good communicator.
- Competent in Health and Safety management.
- Programme oriented.
- Eye for quality.
- Good organiser and able to implement systems.
- Prepared to be innovative.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to build relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Develop and contribute strategic thinking at Project level.
Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject is preferred.
- CSCS Card holder
- Beneficial if a First Aid Certificate holder but not essential
- Good understanding of building services engineering, preferably gained largely in a site environment
- Previous experience in managing a variety of building services engineering systems installations.
- Recognised qualification in building services
- Energetic, effective, and flexible team member.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
- Relationship with colleagues
- Acts as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the Engineering Installations
- Good team player and communicator with other staff and team members