Our Client are a leading ductwork and ventilation sub-contractor, working with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors.
They have a turnover exceeding £40m and have seen year on year growth whilst working with leading contractors.
You will be tasked with working leading an existing team of 6 Estimators and overseeing project tenders, reporting in to the Managing Director.
You will lead the process from Design through to tender submittal, including:
- Evaluating submission documents and agreeing bid strategies.
- Preparing works packages including take offs and generating sub-contract and supplier enquiries.
- Compliance checking of sub-contract and supplier enquiries and submissions.
- Leading pre-submission discussions and adjudication panels
- Responding to post submission client enquiries.
- Attending to post submission client interviews.
- Leading handover meetings to the operations team.
There will definitely be variety within the role and we are looking for someone who is ambitious, committed, pro-active and looking for a new challenge with a company that is very much looking to the future.
The role has the potential to grow as the business is looking to increase the speed of its growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and hardworking Estimator who has the ambition to move in to a management position, or who has previously been working in a management position and looking for a new challenge.
The individual we are looking for would ideally be and have skills in:
- Prior experience in an Estimating role for an M&E Sub-Contractor.
- Experience with Ductwork and Air Ventilation packages is vital.
- HNC / equivalent on better in building services (nice to have not essential)
- Good communication with internal staff and external subcontractors
- Decision making and confident to make own decisions
- Problem solving ability
- Understanding of take offs and scale drawings
- Attention to detail