Our Client are a well-regarded and established dry lining and partitions subcontractor based in Central London, they have been established for over 40 years and pride themselves on delivering exceptionally quality and service levels.
The company successful delivers projects for both the public and private sectors working for hotels, hospitals, schools and student accommodation projects. They work with a number of leading UK main contractors such as ISG, Mace, Kier and Lendlease to name a few.
They are now looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their growing business.
POSITION: Quantity Surveyor / Project Surveyor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Commercial Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Project Cost Management
- Participate in tender handover from estimating department
- Prepare profit plan
- Procure Sub Contract packages, prepare sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
- Produce project cash flow forecast
- Prepare and submit client applications accurately and in a timely manner to maintain positive cashflow
- Manage sub contract applications and ensure work packages are valued correctly and on time.
- Manage project correspondence and meeting attendance
- Ensure monthly applications are certified on time and invoiced as appropriate.
- Manage and agree sub contract instructions and variations.
- Submit and agree client variations
- Prepare, submit and agree client final account
- Conclude subcontract accounts
- Preparation of monthly cost to complete reports (CTC's) accurately and on time.
- A good all round standard of education including literacy and numeracy
- IT skills essential
- Degree qualified in an RICS or CIOB approved QS course preferential however not essential
- Three - Five years’ experience in a QS role ideally within interior fit out or dry lining
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- Accuracy and quality in reports and documents
- Professional conduct when representing the business