Our client is a specialist fit out and refurbishment main contractor who operate across London and the South East of England. They pride themselves on offering a tailored experience to their clients, built on collaboration and high-quality delivery.
They have an impressive senior management team who have contributed to the business consistently year on year growing and have profitable turnover of £90m+. The business is spearheaded by two directors with over 20 years’ experience each within the London commercial fit out market and both are able to boast an enviable list of notable projects within City and West End landmark buildings.
The role will be assisting the in-house Design team and 2 Document Controllers who are already within the business with maintaining information management standards acting as a professional point of contact for the project regarding all document control matters.
On average, you could be tasked with working on up to 20 projects per year which will be a combination of fit out and refurbishment projects at either Stage 2 or Stage 4 design.
Duties will include:
- To continuously prioritise documents by maintaining an awareness of project progress at all times.
- Creating customised reports for the Project Team and Design Team is also a key factor of the Document Controller role to ensure smooth communication and to minimise Designers response time.
- Ensuring that all relevant project protocols are issued to the project team, design teams and sub-contractors and adhered to.
- Providing quality assurance (QA) check all information (documents and data) coming onto the system daily and process in accordance with the project protocols.
- Creating and managing issue groups as per the agreed distribution matrices.
- Running weekly reports/ dashboards on overdue actions and exceptions for the design team, subcontractors and production team.
- Conducting weekly audits of document management systems using the internal system to ensure all information has been captured, checked and distributed correctly.
- Supporting training for project teams and information managers.
- Updating the project protocols guide.
- Liaising with the client, designers’ contractors and throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensuring security protocols have been followed for viewing and issuing of information on all projects.
- Ensuring the relevant status codes are updated and the data is verified and validated by the relevant task teams.
- Assisting in developing and managing master information delivery plans for projects.
Essential skills and qualification
- Knowledge of using Aconex or other EDMS systems
- Proven planning and process management skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-regulated approach to duties
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisation skills
- Working to and enforcing a strict protocol and deadlines