We are recruiting for one of the leading international principal contractors. A major player in the construction industry that stands out by its on-going consistent ability to successfully deliver projects to the highest standards. With a current turnover in excess of £1 billion they have proudly been entrusted to run some of the major UK projects in the past year.
They are looking for either a multiple project running Project Director (up to 4) or a Project Director to run large Cat Bs £15m - £20m+ to join their Fit-Out arm, which is turning over circa £110m currently. They undertake Cat A and Cat B work for clients ranging from Commercial Agents, Professional Services, Public and Private Clients.
Projects typically range between £8m - £25m but off the back of the success of delivering other schemes, they are being invited to tender larger projects. They are typically 2 stage D&B in nature delivered through long term supply chin partners.
Former projects include RBS, a major London publisher (£13 million) and Spotify’s European HQ (£25 million).
Due to this increase in workload, they are currently looking for an experienced Director with a proven track record of successfully managing a team through strong leadership.
As a Divisional director your primary role is to create, maintain and report on an efficient operational process. This involves encompassing all of the production activities in this business, from the pre-construction stage through to delivery and defects. This incorporates the recruitment, management and on-going training of your construction teams in the delivery of all the schemes within the division. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of all residential projects. Your overall aim is to ensure each project within the portfolio is delivered safely, on time, within budget and to the highest possible standard. You will be reporting into the Managing Director of the residential division and your role will involve consolidating the existing portfolio and winning new work. They are looking for someone that has already worked in a Director Type role with the experience of running between 8 -12 schemes at any one time.
Establishment & Goals
Budgeting & Financing
- Manage production activities for a number of projects within a delivery team
- Actively manage the operations team.
- Promote ideas and add value to each project team to maximise project targets
- Aspire to the very highest standards of quality, service and business performance
- Actively develop and strengthen relationships with clients and their teams to maximise team and business goals
- Actively develop and strengthen relationships with the supply chain and their teams to maximise team and business goals
- Meet deadlines
- Take Ownership of project goals
- Ensure accurate Real-Time reporting
- Measure success against Key Benchmarks
- Assess performance and strive for continuous improvement
- Ensure full compliance with procedures
- Support and implement group and divisional initiatives
- Adopt a partnering approach and promote a partnering environment
- Promote team working both internally and externally
- Support, coach and develop members of the team
- Understand the company supply chain initiative and ensure its delivery