Our Client are currently deliver an outstanding CAT B fit out in the City for an iconic client. Due to an internal change within the business they now have an URGENT requirement for a Design Manager to join the business on a temp to perm basis.
You will be supporting the existing Design Manager on site and manging the design evolution of the project. It is essential that you have extensive experience as a Design Manager working on site on CAT B fit out projects to be successful for this role.
- Establishing and maintaining design management procedures at each stage of the project.
- Contribute in producing detailed package scope of works and advise on package content suitable for tendering, evaluate and make recommendations in line with the PMs guidance.
- Carrying out full technical reviews and an evaluation of all design information received during all stages (tender and construction stages)
- Be responsible and accountable for the timely release of design information, both, contractor design portions and consultant design information during to successfully achieve construction completion dates.
- Be responsible and accountable for the Production of the design programme and information required schedule in line with the above item.
- Be responsible and accountable for identifying the adequacy of the consult teams in relation to technical and program capability.
- Establishing and managing a sample approval strategy and open items list
- Responsible for providing design accurate reports as required by the business.
- Leading design reviews for both coordination and ER compliance
- Ensure third party approvals are obtained
- Be responsible for identification of design change and making the commercial team aware.
- Chairing and driving all design workshops and meetings
- Identification of correct attendees